SOUTHFIELD, Mich., May possibly 26, 2021 /PRNewswire/ — Lear Company (NYSE: LEA), a world wide automotive technological know-how leader in Seating and E-Units, these days declared the release of its 2020 Sustainability Report, highlighting the firm’s increasing portfolio of eco-friendly technologies, achievements in range, human legal rights and governance, and ambitious weather modify goals for its operations.
Lear’s safe and sensible alternatives – these as lightweight seating components, antimicrobial floor supplies, integrated power modules and battery management devices – assistance sustainable mobility developments like autonomy, connectivity, electrification and shared mobility.
Goods from Lear’s higher-voltage portfolio will be featured in much more than 90 electric vehicle styles from 18 automakers in 2021. By 2026, 4 million electric vehicles on one higher-quantity platform are predicted to depend on Lear’s new higher-voltage link programs as the key battery/auto interface. These systems will enable electrical vehicles to demand speedier and generate farther.
“Local weather-strengthening improvements, along with formidable carbon neutral targets for our operations, supplier and staff engagement to reach individuals targets, and assist for our people today and world-wide communities, are all essential elements of Lear’s in general sustainability strategy,” explained Ray Scott, Lear President and CEO.
Other significant highlights from the 2020 Sustainability Report involve Lear’s:
- Ambitious local climate transform goals for its producing facilities: applying 100% renewable power for energy and a 50% reduction in carbon emissions by 2030, and aspiring to internet zero emissions by 2050
- A lot more than 125,000 several hours of range, fairness, inclusion and anti-harassment teaching completed in the final two decades, and $4.6 billion expended with used with minority-,females- and veteran-owned suppliers in the earlier decade
- Approach to comprehensive third-social gathering assessments of its 3,000+ worldwide manufacturing suppliers on sustainability and human legal rights criteria by the conclusion of 2022
- COVID-19 reaction, reopening and reset for the foreseeable future, together with extra than 10 million masks developed for employees and initial responders, and creating its Safe and sound Get the job done Playbook offered publicly
- Recommitment to the United Nations (UN) Global Compact as a signatory participant, and the UN’s Sustainable Advancement Aims
- Enhanced transparency and increased reporting with the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB) and the Job Pressure on Local weather-associated Financial Disclosures (TCFD) tips, and in accordance with the Main Specifications of the World wide Reporting Initiative (GRI)
- A lot more strong demographic, teaching, governance and cybersecurity reporting
To down load or view Lear’s 2020 Sustainability Report, check out lear.com/sustainability.
About Lear Company
Lear, a world wide automotive technological know-how chief in Seating and E-Programs, permits remarkable in-car or truck experiences for buyers all around the environment. Our varied crew of talented staff in 38 nations is driven by a commitment to innovation, operational excellence, and sustainability. Lear is Generating each and every generate superior™ by giving the know-how for safer, smarter, and more comfy journeys. Lear, headquartered in Southfield, Michigan, serves every single key automaker in the entire world and ranks 166 on the Fortune 500. Additional information and facts about Lear is accessible at lear.com or follow us on Twitter @LearCorporation.
Supply Lear Corporation